View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 08:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default opana er

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmary View Post
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has been rx Opana er. My new PM has taken me off Percocet and morphine and said that Opana is better and stronger. It is a hydromorphone hci. I'll start at 10mg every 12 hrs. and he'll be titriting me up over the next few weeks? Just wondering about the use.

Hugs
mary\
Hi Mary,

I took Opana ER 40mgs for about 1 year. Yes, it may be stronger, but better, I don't think so. This is my opinion though! I talked to a Pharmacist about it and she said it was stronger. The thing is, is how it is released into your system? Whoever makes the drug was trying to make it comparable to Oxycontin. I've taken both, and I'll stick to Oxycontin and Percocet! I've read a lot about Opana, and on paper It's stronger, but it's released into your system slower than most of the other long acting meds. I hope I have helped you. One more thing, I've also read a lot of other posts comparing Morphine and Percocet to Opana, and it was hands down, people preferred percocet and Morphine over Opana. The ratio was not even close, so the people have spoken about your question!

jmac51
jmac51 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (05-19-2009)