View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 10:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am glad you found relief for your pain - it does makes an amazing difference in your life, doesn't it?! I started taking 5 mg methadone 3 times a day about a week and a half ago, and it significantly reduced my head pain. I didn't realize how depressed I was until I wasn't so depressed. I have also been able to sleep more. So like many of you I feel like I have some of my life back. Percocet by itself wasn't working for me anymore. I wish I could get rid of all of my pain...

Just the name "methadone" or "oxycontin" or "morphine" is pretty freaky, especially when you are still working. If my co-workers knew I had large bottles of percocet and methadone in my workbag I'm sure they would be horrified!

Another good thing about reducing our pain levels is that it allows us to move around more. When my head hurt I tended not to do as much. Now I am getting out and walking further, working more in the yard (nothing too strenuous, though, I'm still afraid to do too much), and cleaning up the messes my kids tend to leave all over the house. Hopefully that is good for things.

What is Opana derived from? I know Mary said she had to up her dose after a while to maintain the same effect on her pain. Dew - did you also have to increase your dose after a short period of time?

thanks, Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (05-19-2009)