Old 05-19-2009, 11:40 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew58 View Post
http://www.rxlist.com/opana-er-drug.htm

I found this site helpful;however, you can goggle Opana ER, and find many more sites.

I was prescribed a 30 day supply on 4/28/09( 10 mg twice per day;12 hrs apart). That did wonders for my sleep,immediately. My pain was no longer the main focus in my life. I was able to travel to AZ and then back to OK, in a car,hubby driving,over 13 hrs one way..with many breaks to stretch and walk. I was so happy to feel good again without that "drugged" feeling. I also con't my other medications. I am now living my life instead of existing.

I will see my PM on 5/26/09, at which time he will increase my dosage.
I am not sure exactly to what dosage. I thought he said to 30 mg twice a day??? Then, I will be placed MMI, maximum medical improvement, and have maintenance appts. with PM doc every 3 months.

Before Opana ER, RSD's by-products of pain and insomnia ruled my life. The week before I started Opana ER, I had maybe 10 hrs of sleep in 7 days. I was devastated to say the least! The first day on Opana ER, I slept 8 hrs in a row

It con't that way for a about 5 days..then I started having less hrs in a block of sleep: 6-8 hrs..then 5-6 hrs. Say what you will, you go without sleep in 7 days except for 10 hrs, which were napping here and there;this product changed my life for the better. Sleep regenerates all of us. Sleep heals. The pain no longer rules my life,totally.

DEW,
For some,
the "Euphoria" is the pain relief.
For me, percoset always made me feel as if my feet weren't quite touching the floor.. (Oh, I'm hang gliding again!)
I only took them for two (weekend) periods after tmj surgery, long ago.

But, straight pain relief, without the Buzz, is where it's at!
(Am I being cruel?)

The point is, the closer you can get to "Living a Normal, YOUR Normal life, wether that be raising children, working, driving, etc."
That's success, at Managing RSD.

Then, we must deal with our bodies aging.
(The alternative is not good).

So, back to the "Triangle of RSD management"

Meds = Your Doctor and You

Mood = Your neuropsych doctor and You.

Body = Excercise, You!

Keep that body ready for retirement, even though you may feel that you're retired, or simply "existing" now.

Do I practice what I preach?

A Question for another day....

Pete
asb
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (05-19-2009), Dew58 (05-19-2009)