Thread: Light Sleeping?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 05:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Light Sleeping?

For the past few weeks, if something wakes me up during the night (lately coughing since I have been sick)...I can not fall back asleep. For instance, tonight at 3am I started coughing and afterwards I laid in bed for 2 hours straight without being able to "turn my mind off" or so it feels. It seems as though I am daydreaming but no matter what I don't completely fall asleep. I toss and turn and feel hot and uncomfortable and just can't get back to bed. I guess its like restless sleep afterwards.I dont know what to do, Ive tried reading a bit, taking a shower, walking around, coming on the Internet, trying to tire myself out-but I AM exhausted and... i dont know why my brain wont stop thinking or worrying and shut down instead. Here I am at 5 am and I only have an hour and a half until I am supposed to wake up for work. I am going to be tired today.

I also just read the thread in here about it maybe being inherited, I know my dad has been a light sleeper all my life since we had to tip-toe around the house once he went to bed exactly at 10:30pm each night. However, my problem just started a few weeks ago and I dont want it to be a permanent thing. What should I do? I am getting frustrated with this.
hsiw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote