View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 01:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Dew,

Keep in mind we all are affected differently.

Like Carrie I also have bladder and pelvic pain. I went to a urologist and my bladder out put is good he ran a couple other test and the organs structure is fine. I have most of my pain, and it is awful, in the early morning. Of course, when I am trying to sleep.

My heart like Carries beats at a very high rate. When I had my first episode it was 300 beats per minute resting. I went to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack. I take atenenol and it can still get up in the 130 range resting. When my pain is elevated it will beat faster than normal. I have a cardio work up once a year the heart is fine it's the messages between the nerves (that help the heart function) and brain that aren't working properly.

My lungs. I have had a breathing test and the structure of my lungs are fine. Just like the heart it's a communication problem between the nerves of the lungs and my brain. It is very hard for me to catch my breath, it's like I am suffocating. For example when I swim I can no longer put my face in the water at all or when I wash my face and hold my breath to rinse my face. I have to take several deep cleansing breaths and then I can hold my breath to rinse my face. When I cry it's hard to catch my breath. It's like I'm going to hyperventalate. Thoughout, the day I will catch myslelf having to take deep breaths. Sometimes I have to stop and really concentrate on the quality of my breathing and tell myslelf I'm not suffocating. This causes a lot of sharp stabbing pains between my shoulder bladdes and sometimes sharp chest pains. It took another trip to the ER to figure out it was my RSD interferring with my lungs.

When our pain is elevated it causes our anxiety levels to rise. Anxiety normally causes the heart rate to go up and our breathing pattern to change. So to keep my anxiety level down I take ativan twice a day .5 mg at a time.

I hope this helps. If you have any concerns about pain and your organs talk with you docotor. I see a urologist, cardiologist and a respiratory specalist it addition to the others that help me manage my health.
Take care,
Sherrie
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-19-2009), loretta (12-20-2009)