Thread: hypotention
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 02:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, I just wanted to chime in since I have been diagnosed with Dysautonomia for well over 15 years, and I also have Pulmonary Hypertension that was diagnosed almost two years ago.
Both can cause someone to pass out, or become very dizzy upon standing, moving suddenly..etc. Oh, and since I also have Narcolepsy, I wanted to let you know that it too can cause some things simalar to this, and it's a good mimic of MG. ( I know, I'm a mess, for Narc. you'll need a MSLT test) I have both the Gene, and a very positive MSLT.
If you're in your doctors office, he may have you lay down, take your blood pressure, sit up-take your blood pressure, stand up-take your blood pressure. This is a good indicator for dysautonomia, but the tilt table is pretty accurate, and you'll be injected with an injection, that at the moment I can't remember the name..sorry.
Having said that, meds can also cause these issues, and other medical issues can also cause this to happen, such as anemia, and adrenal problems...diabetes...etc..
It's so important to ask your doctors about it, as it could be something, or it could be just an adjustment to some meds, or vitamins. Please don't let it go unchecked.
Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote