Thread: newly dx
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 03:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Deb,

Sorry you had to join our world of Fibro.. I have had it for many years and have been on tons of different meds including Lyrica.. It is good to finally have a name for all those symptoms.

A lot of fibro sufferers also get depression, not the other way around.. You get depressed realizing how different your life is. Fortunately antidepressants help with the pain and the depression too....

If you can tolerate Lyrica it is very helpful for a lot of fibromites, unfortunately I had to quit after 7 months, developed a reaction to it.

Also watch out for weight gain, it is a huge side effect but levels off after a while.

Learn to pace your self in everything that you do, when you feel good. Don't over do it.. there is a wonderful post floating around the web called "the spoon theory" It describes our life in a nutshell, and it is good reading material for those who think its all in your head. It was written by a women with Lupus but has been edited for Fibro.

If allowed I will post a copy here, need moderator permission as I am so new to this site.

Pm me if you want to talk about it privately.

Oh and I'm one of the Few guys with Fibro, seems it affects mostly women.
doc538 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (06-02-2009), FranksAngel (06-05-2009), GmaSue (06-15-2009)