View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 03:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey Erin

I answered this on the other thread, not sure which one now. But MG affects my breathing right away. And also, since I have had 30 percent of my lungs weakened by MG, I had tons of questions, and of course the PH part as well. believe it or not, 30 percent isn't that big of a deal to docs, but to me, it is.
Technically Myasthenia Does Not directly affect ones Lungs, However; and there seems to be always "a" "However", it affects the muscles holding up, and working our lungs. Those muscles can be affected by MG.
And mine often are affected. For the past year, my doctors, meaning my PH doctors, and my Neuros, have been helping me slowly strengthen those muscles by using an..shoot, can't remember what it's called...honesltly my brain isn't working today. It's one of the Inhale and hold things one uses after surgery. It has to be OX something.I have two of them, and I use them every day, inhale hold for so many seconds, and slowly blow out.
Repeating this several times a day. I had to start out slowly, like once in the morning, and once in the afternoon, evening were not good for me, and it was after I took a mestinon.

Hope this helps.
Love Lizzie
P.S. Hah....Spirometer.....no Ox on it.. lol..Brain is not working. All this talk of lack of Oxygen is getting to me..smiles
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
erinhermes (05-19-2009)