View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 06:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Victoria,

WOW! Thanks, you are a big help! What a blessing you are to give me these links with info.

A short History. I have had major back and neck pain do to an accident I had in 1992 and then several years after that,the Doctors told me they did not want to touch me with surgery cause I was to young. I had all other kinds of treatment but nothing worked, so I lived with the pain for many years. I went to Africa in 2006 through 2007. While in Africa the pain was so horrific through my whole entire body. I came home from Africa,and was hit with five surgeries in a fourteen month period. I had three neck surgeries total one before I went to Africa and two when returning home from Africa. I had one foot surgery, and two back surgeries.I was hit and had no idea I would be going through all of those surgeries at once!

Now after the neck surgeries, I went back to the surgeon because I was hurting severely in my neck, arms, and shoulders, so my surgeon did an MRI it turned out above the four discs that were fused, was yet another disc that bulged. I still had major burning down my arms, and all around my shoulders, and in my hands. I would have headaches all the time and my collar bone hurt so bad I can barely move my arms do to pain. The surgeon realized I had TOS. So have been getting shots for that now and it helps only for a short period of time.

Which leads to the incident that landed me in the Hospital last Tuesday. I woke up at 5:30 AM with massive back pain that radiated through my chest and I felt like someone was sitting on my chest, I could not move because the pain was horrific. I thought I was having a massive heart attack. I did nothing to cause this I have been taking it easy every since the surgeries cause I am still in allot of pain. This attack came out of no where and I could not understand what in the heck was happening to me.I so never want to experience that again!

The doctor in the ER said, this is a rare situation he was not even going to do the MRI dye test on my mid spine because he does not hardly ever see a situation like mine where the mid spine herniates and the T4 protrudes the lungs.But the doctor felt prompted and I am personally glad he did. now I know what I am up against.

I went in today to see my regular doctor to get a referral to another Nero Surgeon, because my just retired last month, and most all the Nero surgeons in my city moved away, and now we only have one left for our city. My doctor told me that the disc herniated and it pushed the T4 into the lung.

I hope this helps. I am to go to Russia in a couple of weeks for three months, and praying I can get into see this Nero Surgeon before I leave so I know where I stand with what is going on, or if I am not to go.

Thanks again
Jeanie

P.S. Can anyone see my picture on here cause I can't? Just wondering if you see it.

Last edited by hisbeauty4ashes; 05-19-2009 at 07:27 PM.
hisbeauty4ashes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gibbrn (05-20-2009)