View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 10:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Can you imagine being an alien attempting to decipher our customs and lifestyles through primetime television advertisements/shows?

However, I would let Dr. House and his team dx/rx me anytime...all would be fixed in an hour or less. :icon_wink:

Not only do some family members and friends pull away from "invisible" CPers...but some doctors also follow that course. My latest pcp was livid that I refused to take Enbrel for RA. He couldn't believe I would refuse something that would "cure" my RA. At $1300 an injection and a possible cancer connection...I wanted to wait/see. Not the answer he wanted.

My circle of friends is small but supportive. When someone inquires about my health/chronic pain...I answer, "I am doing the best I can."

I am thankful that none of my family/friends are suffering with CP conditions but must admit that I envy their simple medical complaints:heartburn from excessive fast food consumption, minor aches from lifting the wrong way, eye strain from too much computer time or forgetting to remove contacts, headaches from having that third glass of red wine, etc.

The average person can't imagine being in level 6 plus pain 24/7 or the side effects that come with taking the meds that can "cure" us.

I wish none of our "forum family" was in such chronic pain BUt I am thankful for this support group who knows what I go through on a daily basis

AND

allows me to prattle on about it!

My forum friends are the best!

Gentle ehugs, Carly

Advanced Glaucoma~RA/secondary fibromyalgia~Cervical Radiculapathy post ACDF 5-6~TOS

"What do we live for if it is not to make life less difficult for each other." ~ George Eliot
buriedinbooks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote