View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Jim,

I honestly believe that the key to dealing with RSD are two things. Finding the right Drs., which is a feat in itself and learning all you can yourself about the RSD when you have it and use that knowledge to help yourself.

When my PCP couldn't diagnose me with TOS and RSD and the Drs. he sent me out to other Drs who couldn't, he ask me if I would buy a computer and help him diagnose me. It took us 3 years to finally figure out the TOS. My PA snapped his fingers when I told him and said he should have thought of it. He was a genius too.

I have worked my butt off to get better. I have ran up on Drs. that got mad at me because of what I knew, but the ones that were ok with my help, I still have.

I didn't just have the RSD to deal with though so we had to take things one at a time to get them better. My PCP is always saying," let's take one thing first". We get it calmed down and then start on the next. The RSD was the hardest though.

I was losing it too. I was to the point of suicide. The pain is overwhelming for us.

I'm glad your wife has you and the good Drs. to help her. That's what we need to get there.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (05-20-2009), Dew58 (05-20-2009), SBOWLING (05-21-2009)