Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi Andrea

my son has hypersensitivity to many rx meds and altho he tried azocol and other Chron's meds in the beginning they had side effects that were not good especially as related to his Tourette syndrome

after reading the Maker's Diet we adapted his diet to incorporate more anti-inflammatory whole foods and eliminate those that trigger inflammation. altho we didnt follow the recommendations in the book to the letter, we used it as a foundation.
I did some research and we added specific supplements including NOW Boswellia (a blend of boswellin and curcumin extract from turmeric) and White Willow Bark as anti-inflamm and Slippery Elm to provide protective coating to the GIT. Also DGL-liquorice root (must be DGL not plain) to promote healing of the ulcerated areas and fistula. In addition he has a daily multi shake by Jarrow called Multi Easy and extra methylB12. He takes other supplements as well for his TS/OCD so we do feel the combinations help, especially the extra magnesium, vit D and P-5-P form of vit B6

(we get all these at iherb.com as least expensive there)

he used to have excruciating pain from the Crohn's but since starting those supplements it has totally subsided and his fistula healed.
He still has to be very careful on what he eats and has learned by trial and error which foods seem to upset his digestive system

I really recommend that book as Jordan Rubin was at death's door with really severe Crohn's and his story really is a remarkable one of hope for healing.

hope things get better for you

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (05-20-2009)