Thread: Eye problem
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 09:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Myla, and Welcome.

Shelley mentioned the viral aspect. I have learned first hand that the Herpes viruses, including the zoster and "cold sore" forms can cause many of the MS symptoms if they get into the central nervous system. They have looked for MS on me for 14 years with no luck. I do have MG as well, so some of the weakness and fatigue come from that, but I just got the Rx for the anti-virals and it has decreased the weakness to very minimal after being severe enough to put me on a recliner for the last 3 1/2 months! Same with the fatigue and my eye problems (focusing). I did not have a droopy eye, but don't with my MG either.

See if you can get a doc to at least run the blood work for the zoster and herpes anti bodies. If your titres are high, then perhaps you can get the trial of the anti-virals if they won't give them to you otherwise. You definetly need to get more testing done in both the MG and viral areas. Good Luck. I hope your additional problem turns out, like mine, to be a virus that you can take a relatively safe drug for and get feeling better super fast!