View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 10:24 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
I believe there are two reason's Drs. don't want to treat RSD. It is a time consuming disorder and narcotics have to be used to help a person. A person has to be seen often if they are on narcotics and some Drs. are afraid to even give them nowadays due to the laws they are governed by.

It is a matter of finding the right Drs. that are willing to go through it with you. I'm glad your wife did. We sure can't get through it by ourselves.

I'm glad mentally she is doing better. That means she is finding her way back from the beginning of the trip with RSD.

Ada

Ada,
I agree completely,
I spent Seven incredibly painful and frustrating years and saw over 100 doctors trying to find out "What was wrong with me". I have a tape recording (pocket recorder) of an orthopedist, telling me that I was "Malingering" because I hadto be cured with everything he did.

Years went by. I got to the point that I started "Interviewing" doctors, asking them questions, and just walking out, because I'd been there, done that. "Ya got no clue!"

Finally, Finally, a Chiropractor whom I saw up to 5 times a week, recognized RSD from another patient who was seeing Dr Schwartzman. This Chiro, Got on the phone, and BEGGED me an appointment, SOON!
BAM!
That was it. RSD & TOS, but, Dr S, sent me to the Hand Center @ Jefferson, to Dr Jim Hunter, to confirm the TOS.

I just broke down in tears when Dr S told me he "Knew what I had".
(Not because I wanted it, but I had a non supportive spouse, two children and a business to run). I was doped up on stupid meds that weren't strong enough and had too many side effects. (Thank God for the Methadone). I was So Happy to "Not Be Going Crazy"!

A Good University Hospital setting is Always your best first bet, nowadays.

After I got my TBI, I was away from my current doctor who is wonderful.
Small town USA. Went to see a new Doc.
I took him my records, and my med bottles. He was an RSD "expert".
I needed my methadone! (that, is one of the worst things about it, you don't just STOP taking it!)
He must've thought I was drug seeking. I asked him to call Dr Knobler, my hands were so mottled, and dripping sweat onto the floor. He denied any sweat, and any mottling.

It's a VERY Difficult atmosphere out there to find help for this disease!

Personally, I don't want a Roger Ramjet doctor who's gonna operate, install a pump, take out some ribs. No.
I want a compassionate, educated, understanding doctor who will treat me as conservatively, and effectively as possible. Because, this is a LifeTime Experience! Don't forget that.

Thanks Ada!

Pete
Asb
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SBOWLING (05-21-2009)