Old 05-20-2009, 10:44 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margle View Post
Dear Lynlee,
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for providing me more information on PCS, the meds (which I will bring up to my neurologist in my next visit with him) and share with me more of your experience that are so similar to mine, as if I am the one who write them!!! It is very comforting for me to find out this whole host of communities suffering this most unfortunate health issue like me! I empathize with you and Mark SO MUCH for your sufferings as well! I WISH YOU MUCH continued success in your recovery as well Lynlee!

You are so right, a lot of time people think I am crazy too when I described to them my sufferings and symptoms, especially my gp, who is rude, narrow minded, short temper with me and always downplay my health complaints/symptoms (unfortunately I have not been able to find anyone to replace him yet, but I am continuing my search). He gave me the feeling that I made things up or I don't know how I feel! My neurologist seemed frustrated with me at times, especially when he could not explain to me why i feel so much pain on one side of my head and then it switched to the other side on another bad day!!! A second neurologist told me it's migraine and told me to go back to my gp to ask for prescription of Lexapro, but I have not done that since I am still having other symptoms that were not explained.

In terms of searching for a right doctor, just like Mark in Idaho had warned me, it has been frustrating for me to find a doctor who has experience with PCS around where I live. In the past 2 days, I called NYU HOsp, NY Columbia Presbyterian Hosp, BIANJ.org, and was given a few names, but when I called to inquire about their specialization in head injury or PCS, it was not much. Even funnier in one case, the woman gave me the name of a supposedly neurologist, but it was a lawyer instead (there is no such neurologist by that name at that location!) Isn't that funny? BUT I will continue my search as you and Mark in Idaho encourage and advise me, I won't stop my search.

But currently, I am still quite miserable with my latest relapse that occurred 7 days ago as I mentioned in an earlier posting (after the violent coughing), I can ONLY lie down and do nothing to feel ok! Any movement that affects the head, from physical moving gently (the head) from one side to another, or a gentle nod or a gentle shake, or talk a little, even a short sentence, or a thinking or a frustration feeling, or writing this note with intensity and anxiety, then come pain in the head, then dizziness and nausea, down to the eyes, including the 24/7 ringing in the head getting a little louder. A simple movement of head from left to right or vice versa (very small degree) even while resting on the pillow caused dizziness! I just took a few seconds rest, sit very still, leave eyeball resting, then feel better and can continue writing, isn't that weird? I never had a relapse this bad before ... I wondered if I have concussed myself again by that violent cough, or whether I had created a minor tear in blood vessels in the brain causing a slow subdural bleeding(?) I have been refraining myself from asking my current neurologist to send me for another CT scan although I am very tempting to do.

I will certainly keep you all posted with any new development in my recovery searching effort that I will have. Again, I feel so comforted by you and Mark in Idaho, for consoling me and giving me very very very valuable advice and directions to follow. I cannot express enough my appreciation and gratefulness to you... Will keep you posted again soon. Please take care and have a great day meanwhile Lynlee ! margie

Margie,
Mark gave you wonderful advice.

You don't say if you have a ride or not.
Can you get to Philly? There are trains.. These hospitals can give you advice!
(I have a friend up by you, who has MS, she comes down to my doctor, because there simply Are None up there!)

If you can, get someone to drive you, call either Jefferson,
1.800.JEFF.NOW

http://www.jeffersonhospital.org/

Or,

University of Pennsylvania..
1.800.789.PENN

http://pennhealth.com/hup/

A Good University Hospital is you best bet. They have all the latest diagnostic equipment, THE BEST DOCTORS, etc.

Be sure to find the best doctor you can. Explain your circumstances.
Like Mark said,
Make Noise!
Get where you need to go.
Stop fooling around with country doctors!

This is your Brain!

Hope this helps.

Pete
Asb

Last edited by AintSoBad; 05-20-2009 at 10:59 AM.
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote