View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 11:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew58 View Post
I got off the phone from my atty., and he shared with me that a delay for tomorrow's court date was in effect. The delay is because my PM doc had not responded to the WC atty. requests for a deposition.

Granted, the WC atty. had been requesting the wrong PM doc for weeks, until my atty. pointed out to him that they were attempting to depose the wrong PM Doc,lol!

I am to see my PM doc on 5/26/09, and at that time, it is expected that I will be placed on MMI. After that visit, I will contact my atty., and we will discuss the findings of my PM doc follow-up visit.

Hurry up and wait..,that is the mantra when dealing with WC. My atty. explained to me that the TTD will not be forgotten, as it will be placed in the main suit with everything else to be agreed upon, or fought for, in court.

Have you double checked with your PM doc that he has the papers from your attorney? Since it is so important to you that these papers be executed by your doctor in a timely manner, it's probably not a bad idea to ensure that his office has ALL the paperwork, that they understand what has to be filled out and how to do it, when they need to have it done by, and where they should it. And then you might want to check and double check that it got done right and mailed on time (or pick it up, check it yourself for completeness, and then hand deliver it yourself).

I say this because lately my paperwork has been messed up when in transit between doctors' offices half a dozen times. Even when I have called to make sure that faxed records have properly been sent, it seems that my docs' admin assts can't manage to get my papers from one location to the other when they have a whole week to do it. Amazing! Or my file is there, but no one can find it...etc, etc.

Good luck.

BTW, when you receive both SSDi and WC, is there an offset of the smaller amount against the larger? Or are you entitled to receive both as an injured party? Just curious...
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-20-2009)