View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 11:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
Dear dmarie,

So sorry about everything.

Is appears that your most pressing problem is your legal matter and the June 16th deadline. I've learned to deal directly with my attorney's assistant, not the attorney himself, in order to get anything done in regards to my case. Does your attorney's office run the same way? Find out who the person/people are that actually do the work in your lawyer's office and ask them what has to happen to get a witness. Or if they can file some kind of extension with the court if necessary. (This is just a guess, I am not a lawyer)

Stress is bad for RSD (I probably don't need to tell you that!), so try to chill as much as possible. You have a month to try to solve your problem, if your attorney or someone from him office doesn't get back to you within a week or so it appears you need to find a new one. In this economy, if you have a decent case, it should not be difficult to find a reputable firm to represent you.

There is a ton a really good info on this board if you have time to go through it. Plus there are many really nice fellow RSDers here that have helped me with so many things. Welcome to the board and good luck Sandy
Thank you. You are right, my attorney is in an office by himself and his assistant if more interested in furniture catalogs. When I read the post by Anniepoo, it was so uplifting. I am trying so hard to accept that RSD is forever a part of my life and my families lives. It's just so madening that a stupid mistake can change my life so badly and I have to figure out how to pay for treatment. Sorry, I suppose this is the first time I've been able to vent. Thank you so much for your advice and I look forward to getting to know the folks on here. Thank you again.
dmarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-22-2009)