View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 06:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Alffe the third is what he calls “perturbation,” an agitated state when you perceive that your discomfort and anxiety is intolerable, like being perturbed. If all four of these conditions coincide, a suicide attempt is inevitable‐not necessarily unpreventable, but inevitable. To reduce the threat, at least one of the four conditions has to be taken away, as you said.

As Mark’s anniversary approaches something has been heavy on my mind and that is why people say he “committed” suicide. If you have no control, how can you commit it? If he had been in control, he would not have taken his life. I strongly believe that because the suicidal person’s mind is not working properly, there is a moment where suicide is no longer a choice—when all four factors collide like a crescendo. If at that moment the person has access to the means to die, the suicide will happen. If at that moment the person is prevented from taking their lives because he/she doesn’t have the means, the suicide can be prevented. I've been there and you stop weighing options. But thankfully, somehow, someway I was able to see through the pain. But so many don't.

Cats nap, only humans put them "to sleep". Sterilize, don't euthanize!!

BJ
BJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-20-2009), barbo (05-21-2009), Lara (05-21-2009), pono (05-22-2009)