View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I have a diagnosis of Sjogrens, but my blood is negative. My MSG is loaded with lymphocytes...too many to count. My ANA is >1:1280, as the machine didn't go higher. I have also been diagnosed with Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, and it has a specific blood marker RNP, and it is a separate autoimmune disease, not a mixture of a lot of them, altho the symptoms are mixed, as they are for all autoimmune disease. I do not meet the cut off for MCTD however, it is the highest of the different blood markers.

Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disorder is when several diseases are present but none of them actually meet all of the criteria. That is probably the most accurate descriptions of what I have, but not all that helpful.

Hematologically, now I look like I have Lupus, with a high ANA and low complement C3. And of course, I had Lyme 15 years ago, and have many symptoms of Sarcoidosis. Gosh, who knows??!!

It is very hard to sort out these diseases unless you have the blood work that the rheumies want....however, many of the treatments are the same. I agree with the gentleman who says you have to try what you feel you can risk, and see what works.

I do have the crushing fatigue which really takes away your will to live. If not for a wonderful family and beautiful granddaughter who is the light of my life, I would chuck it. I can't do a thing I used to do. Obviously, the ANA shows major inflammation, and I am sore all over. Eyes and mouth are dry but the pain and stiffness with the fatigue is the worst. I do try to do things, and it always causes me to suffer beyond what is reasonable.

I feel for any one with these autoimmune diseases. There is some research out there to indicate that they could be caused by micro-organisms.

All I can offer you is empathy and understanding.
Wishing every one healing, or maybe just one good nights sleep.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pearl girl (05-24-2009), Vonn07 (10-20-2009)