View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 12:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbelsnap View Post
hey all...Jan 19th 2009 the FDA approved a new drug called savella. It was specifically developed for fibro. It has side effects like all medicine but there is one good one! An average weight loss of 1 to 2 lbs a month. Have no idea when it will be available...it is brand new. I went to the web site and asked to be notified when available. Here is the link to read up on.
http://savella.com/
my pain mgmt doc just gave me samples of this med last week. I was hunting around here for anyone else who might be taking it. I have been on effexor for some time now, but low dose to avoid the weight gain, with wellbutrin to keep my spirits up. Together they were pretty good but somehow the last few months everything was wacky....so this month my doc suggested i give it a try.

anyone else tried it yet?

i stopped my effexor last friday, and have been ramping up the savella since thursday. definitely having some withdrawal symptoms but not nearly as bad as trying to quit effexor w/o taking something in its place. today i ramped up to the 50mg pills and actually felt sort of normal. I hope hope it works...especially the no weight gain part. i have been expanding even on a low dose of effexor.... really need to quit that!

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (06-29-2009), Doody (05-26-2009), tamiloo (05-29-2009)