Thread: Summer sandals?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 06:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Crocs has a pair of sandals with just a strap across the arch of the foot and one thin one across the toes. Those work great for me! And then at Walmart the other day I found a pair of Dr. Scholls thong type sandals that have a thick part across the arch that are wonderful, too. The part across the arch keeps your foot from going forward against the part between your toes and causing a sore, too. The Crocs sandals weigh almost nothing. When I first tried a pair of Crocs, the little nubbies inside felt like little jagged pebbles on the soles of my feet, but in a very short time I was totally used to them and they didn't feel that way anymore. I actually think they helped my feet. My feet are very, very sensitive in addition to being numb. Only other neuropathy sufferers would understand that. I can't even stand to have socks on my feet so the less shoe I have, the better.

I DON'T recommend the Curves flip flops from Avon! They're heavenly cushiony and have the thicker strap across the arch so your foot won't go forward against the thing between your toes, but they're an exercise sandal designed to work your leg and buttocks muscles and tone them. I wore mine into Walmart and before I had gone very far, my buttocks were screaming "WHAT were you thinking, woman!?!?!? We're 63 years old and in retirement!" I just couldn't stand it and had to visit the shoe department to get something else. That's how I found the Dr. Scholls sandals.
Grizabella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote