View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 07:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default paper work and thanks

hi all

thanks for your responses it really help me through a bad day, what is it about PAPER WORK I remember the county benefit officer, bless her sitting trying to work out my paper work, after I had been let lose on it, I had totally shuffled it into an uncomprehensible, male strum , which is how it appears to me, but thanks to her and my partner we have it in some vestige, of order, but I am not aloud near it its all in brightly colored files. I can put new pages into the files I lay them out in the hall, then take one piece of mail at a time, read it then head of to the line of files and read it again then place it in the file then repeat until all my mail is gone, BUT let me lose in a file trying to find something and I get stuck, stuck ,stuck this may make sense to some of you, it can make my head hurt feel sick ect

but here is an interesting observation this has made me a good listener. or should I say reader , coz reading is not like hearing something and trying to commit it to memory like in a rush or hurry, where it just evaporates, before it can be stored , now this may seem a contradiction with paper work, but it comes down to overloading the immediate memory, one page read over and over I can handle , but present me with an uninteresting pile and my compromises brain refuses to be bothered with it, no matter how hard I try

now take our posts sentient and eloquent, as they are, it is I feel ! because we can read and re read our own and others posts and build it up , like take now ,I have no Idea what I have wrote above what I can read and see, but by re reading, I hope I am making sense also once a concept has made it past the block, we can , focus on it and express it with clarity , because we are not bothered with mind chatter from the immediate, and short term memory

I think we brain injured people can and do, use this work around, and thank god like mark says for computers

and thank god for you guys and gurls for listening or should I say re reading

hugs buds
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote