View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 10:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
Mainstream school has been a nightmare. All of my 'friends' have disappeared and could care less about me now. I tried going back not so long ago on a Friday and really hated it as I was just left on my own at break. My arm flared up after that also and my dr thinks that the stress didn't help so I have been told not to even try going back there anymore. I go to a school centre now which is really good. I have been going since September. Only about 10 children go which is nice as you get more one to one work and it is all in one room so you dont have to move hardly. The teachers are also understanding about my RSD and I have met some great friends there. I go on a Monday to Thursday at the moment but am hoping to try and go full time soon. It only lasts for 4 hours which is nice as I get very tired. I have also been accepted onto a course in Health and Social Care from September at college so that should be really good and I get lots of qualifications if I pass which will help towards getting a job in later life!!

Take care everyone!
I have 2 teenagers - a boy and a girl. I have observed that girls your age can be so selfish and MEAN!! It must be REALLY hard not to take their actions personally. They are very "cliquey" and are so focused on themselves and keeping up with their crowd that they naturally become insensitive to those their age in need. It's not about you - it's about them and how hard they are trying to be accepted by each other. I'm so sorry, life is so NOT FAIR to girls like you when you are 14.

You are likely to be far better off in school centre where you are isolated with a smaller more select group, maybe with others who also have special needs who will naturally be more thoughtful and that I bet are a LOT smarter than your old "friends." Because you are smart, and funny, and have so many new friends like us on this board, and time is going to fly and you are going to find yourself in a different place very soon, where you will be studying stuff that you have dreamed of studying for a long time that you will be SO GOOD AT.

It's hard to believe (for ALL of us) but time really does heal most wounds. Hopefully your school has a counselor that you can talk to about your "friends" that let you down so thoughtlessly.

I sincerely hope that I made you feel a little better.

Take care, Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (05-21-2009), Dew58 (05-22-2009)