View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 12:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I live in Washington state. My injury was in 2005, but the lawyer I have filed a one year extention for mediation. So I have until June 16 of this year. I'm so frustrated that this could happen. I was perfectly fine before I had the blood draw and now my life is so hard. When the blood draw was performed, the woman was able to get the first tube of blood, when she inserted the second tube (never removing the needle) she was unable to get the blood to flow. That is when she started 'digging'. She then removed that second tube, inserted a third one and 'dug' a bit more. The blood started filling the tube but not in a steady flow, more like spurts, that is when she flicked the tube, moved it a bit more and the blood started to flow. That tube was filled and then one more. I told her something was wrong, my arm was really hurting, she ignored me. I told her again, my arm hurts really bad, what is wrong? She said I was fine and could go. When I reached down for my purse, I started to yell in pain. My hand was numb and the pain was so intense. She took me to the Dr. and he said I had a hematoma, iced it and sent me home. A couple of days later I was rushed into an ultrasound and from there one test after another. Three months later I was diagnosed with RSD from Dr. Hashmi (yes we traveled to FL for help because no one here knew what was wrong with me). I've since been able to find good doctors here, but I'm no longer able to work and as all of you know, life is hard. I've never expected to win the lottery from filling a lawsuit, I am just so afraid of having my medical bills paid and being able to pay for treatment. It is so fustrating that one minute I'm fine and then I have RSD. I'm sorry to complain, I am very thankful for what I do have and I'm fighting hard to keep going. Thank you for all of your advice. Thank you for coming together and helping each other. I'm not sure how to PM someone but I'm working on it.
dmarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-21-2009), loretta (05-22-2009)