Thread: IVIG questions
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 01:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help IVIG questions

Hi, I saw my neuro yesterday, and since the CycloSporine is contributing to my kidney damage, i have to wean off of it, and will be starting IVIG's
I'm curious about the time of doing it.
How long is it usually, how many times per one treatment does one have to go in to have it done...etc.
What side effects did you experience.
My neuro told me the most people have complained to him was headaches, and with me, he can't rule out an alergic reaction, but we must try it, as we're running out of treatment my body will tolerate.
He gave me a choice, either Plasma, or IVIG, he said, he'd choose IVIG, and since I completely trust his judgements, I'm going with the IVIG. And then we'll wean off of Cyclosporine, and if it really does well in me, I'll be able to actually wean off of Prednisone. 5 years is a long time to be on it. So tired of my cheeks.
My legs just about gave out in front of him. He said, I'm getting pretty weak, and seemed very worried. I'm so glad my butt wasn't slapped in the hospital.
I really appreciate anything you're willing to share on your experiences with Ivig's . Don't want to go in blindsighted.
Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote