View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 04:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

Welcome to neuro talk! I've had right temporal lobe epilepsy for 37 yrs. Just like you I started with migraine headaches which led to absence (petit mal) and complex partial seizures. Over the yrs. I had brain surgery done to help reduce my seizures since AED's (seizure meds) didn't help me that much. You should go to a University hospital where they have an Epilepsy Center and see an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy.) It was there that I worked with a neuropsychatrist, and neurosurgeon who found out the cause of my seizures and what meds were the best to take. Start keeping a journal and write down what time of day/night you have any seizure on a calendar and take note if you have been sick or if there's a low pressure with the weather. Also stay away from nutra sweet it has been proven that nutra sweet can trigger seizures for many people because it causes more electrical activity in the brain. If you want to get more info. on Epilepsy and to find a Epilepsy Center in your area you can call the Epilepsy Foundation of America at 1-800-332-1000 or you can check out there website. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote