View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 07:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieS View Post
I can feel for what you are doing, cos thats what I'm doing too! I'm weak in my limbs but as my eyelids aren't drooping a lot, or when I'm visiting my neuro its not drooping, so they have ruled out MG. And all they do is monitor with bare hands, meaning no tests or anything. So far I've only done EMG and am still waiting on my blood test results. Its impossible to order tests for myself where I am, unless a doctor prescribes it so am glad you got in the right direction!

All the best to your diagnosis, keep us updated!

Connie: I'm so surprised they're not doing more to move along a diagnosis for you. When I read your story (My Journey) I thought to myself, "well now she has much more typical symptoms of weakness and limb problems, she probably won't have much difficulty getting a diagnosis". So, I'm sorry to hear that they just have a wait and see attitude with you. I'd like to see these doctors go through these problems and sit back and wait and see what happens! It's such a ridiculous way of thinking, "your life will go by and go by and you will be scared to death and miss so much, but just relax and we'll see what happens". Huh?

I'm eager to see how your bloodwork comes back (I'm sure you are too!). I wonder if a positive blood test will motivate them (it hasn't helped me, but then nothing much shows up in the way of limb weakness with those 5 minute neurological exams).

Thanks for replying and encouraging me. I'm going to be following your story very closely!
bluesky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote