View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 06:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile To Darlene & Paulette

Thank you for your support and advice.

I have had a terrible time accepting the fact something is wrong with my brain even though my work encompasses working with individuals with dementia. I suppose that may be part of my problem.

There is an Epilepsy Center about 100 miles from where I live. I will get in touch with them. The neurologist who diagnosed me was upset with me and dropped me when I reported the Topamax was sending me into a deep depression. I saw my family doctor and he titrated me off it - called the neurologist and told him what it was doing. For some reason the neurologist felt the Topamax was the best drug for me because it treated both the migraines and the seizures and he refused to treat me anymore. If I would have continued on it, the depression would have killed me -not to mention some of the other adverse effects - especially the confusion and "fog".

Now I am having panic and anxiety attacks. I'm on Xanax and taking a supplement called Epi-Still which doesn't seem to be of much help.

I will do as you say and keep a record. I will also ask my doctor for a referral to the Epilepsy Center. Thank you so much - it helps to know someone cares.
Luna Marie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote