Thread: Vitamin levels
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 06:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
The doctor said: see?? They're fine!. He keeps believing that neuropathies caused by nutritional issues are only possible in cases where people are starving and in extreme poverty. I don't share his view of course.
He definitely is wrong. I was not starving, I have never been starving, yet I have neuropathy caused by malabsorption because of gluten intolerance. He needs to do some more studying. I have been gluten free for almost 9 yrs and I am still struggling to get my vitamin levels up.

Vitamin D---26 range 20-100, although the Vit D council says 50 is optimum (Vit D,25-OH,LC,MS,MS test)

iron--61 range 40-160
ferritin--22 range being 10-232 (optimum being at least 100)
B12--1013 range 200-1100, which we all know 200 is too low, and my level is down from 1237, even though I was taking 3000mcg then, now 5000

Most of my vitamin levels are within the "normal" range, yet all very low within that range. I have a real problem with ranges, what's normal for one, may not be normal for another.

My doctors tell me I am so healthy, I will live another 50 yrs. Yet, if I am so healthy, why do I have all these health issues? I was diagnosed with CFS in Februry. As of late, I am thinking my iron has dropped, I am so cold all the time, and I have never had a problem with being cold, quite the opposite. I have lost 28#, but can still lose a lot more, so I really do not think it's the weight loss causing the cold.

I guess if we do not take care of ourselves, no one will.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote