Thread: Headaches
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 08:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Methadone has been the only med so far that really helped diminish my head pain. I started taking 5mg 3x a day 2 weeks ago and it has made a significant difference in my pain levels and my quality of life.

I also take Topamax and Percocet, both of which were prescribed a while ago. But they stopped working for my severe headaches when my RSD spread during the winter.

Can you determine what the cause of the head pain is and try to eliminate it? For instance, my head pain flairs whenever I do something strenuous with my arms. Or if I am forced to listen to loud noises for too long. I've stopped using my arms to rake or vacuum or pick up anything too heavy (I TRY to make my kids do it instead).

Many of us can feel bad weather coming, my head pounds during bad storms. I take more percocet when I have to, sometimes that helps. And sometimes it just helps to walk a lot. It takes my mind off the pain and helps loosen up my muscles.

I hope you get some help soon, I suffered from unresolved head pain for a while and it was really awful. Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aj822 (05-22-2009), Dew58 (05-22-2009), loretta (05-24-2009)