View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 09:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Clothes, and Botox

Erin, becareful with the Botox, it's not good for people with MG. Actually it's on the list for people who should not get Botox injections. Bummer I know.
Prednisone causes me to sweat to the point it looks like my hair has been just washed. It's so gross!! And I get so embarrassed from it happening.
Yes, my clothes have changed. Especially my shoes. I find if I don't have comfy shoes, my feet seem to hurt easily, and the pain can get really intense.
L.L. Bean shoes work well for me. I also get the Massy catalog. But winter shoes/boots, hands down L.L. Beans storm chasers are very light weighted, and comfy. I have both the slip ons, and the shoe/ankle kind. I've walked on ice, and these things seem to really grip well. Nothing is full proof on ice, but I was surprised at how well these work.

I sometimes, also buy extra cushiony inserts to put into some summer shoes.
I too can't wear tight fitting clothes. high heels are out for me. weak legs. I miss them. i was the heel queen at one time. But let me tell you, Nothing, and I mean Nothing feminine about what I'd look like now wearing them..
One wobbling mess. lolol Oh, what happened to me..???
One good thing that happened since becoming so sick, my under arm hair stopped growing, and my legs don't have too much either. Always looking on the bright side!! (I was told it was how prednisone was working in me)
Love ya's
Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote