View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 10:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Blurred vision, and fatigue caused by heat?

This is the first time I've ever had this problem, or at least put two and two together. Yesterday we started with a hot spell, which is actually quite early by New England standards. The temperature went up into the low 80s (high 20's). I stayed in the house and on the cooler side of the house, which faces north. We don't have AC, but the basement is quite cool and so is the back side of the house where the room temperatures didn't go any higher than the 70s (low 20s), if that.

By the afternoon, I started to feel really tired to a point where I thought I was going to pass out. I wasn't feeling hot, but really dizzy and fatigued. I plopped across my bed, and slept for over 3 hours, or long enough to require my next dose of meds. I got up for a few hours, then the same thing happened again. During my waking times, I had and still have blurred and double vision, which has made doing normal things like reading very difficult. My coordination was a bit off too, which I found that while trying to play the piano last night. I couldn't initiate movement, and my hands and arms feel buzzy and tingly.

I ended up going back up stairs and laid across the bed again for a nap before bedtime. I woke up again in time for meds, took them and went to bed. I slept the night through, but am still exhausted, tingling and buzzing, as well as dizzy, and still have the blurred double vision that my glasses won't help. I've forced myself to go to work, thinking that the AC might help, but it hasn't yet.

Is this the PD, or do I have an underlying additional condition I should ask my neurologist about?

Thanks,

John

Now before you ask if I was drinking plenty of liquids, the answer is yes. I had consumed 2 very large Gatoraides plus my normal pill water-glasses. This I know is very important during warm weather particularly because of my low blood pressure.
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote