View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 01:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Rolfing is the best bodywork I have ever had. In some spots they do go deep if needed. the tecnique(sp) they use allows them to get several layers down. they recommend a 10 series to start. each session lasts an hour 15min to 90 minutes. the rooms are much larger than massage rooms because you have to walk in only your underwear from one end of the room and back. you do this several times as they watch your gate and posture to see where to start rolfing on you.
i would also ask around to see if that rolfer is any good or not. there are 2 levels of rolfing. a master rolfer and rolfer. a master rolfer has a certain amount of years or hours into rolfing. my first 10 series was done by a master rolfer and she wasnt that good. i went to a highly recommended rolfer (not master)(for a 3 series)who only had one year of rolfing at the time but several years of other massage work and she was twice as good. rolfing up here is about $125 to $150 per session and you usually do 2 sessions per week only.

with all this said, i have not had any sessions since crps started. i was too scared to try it because i know how deep they can go. some days i cant be touched at all but some days my legs and arms need a rub so i put up with the initial pain hoping the rub will benifit me later that day/night.

its funny you asked this because i was going to call next week and see if my rolfer still works at the same place or not. now that i know that it depends more on the person doing the rolfing.

i dont think my crps is in my hips. my hips hurt all the time because i am in bed all day and the psoas(sp) and all the weird named ligaments and muscles are not getting stretched enough so i was going to ask for a hip session. if you go in for a regular massage, you usually get the whole body worked on but with rolfing it is broken down to little sections of the body to work on.

if you end up doing some sessions, please report back and let me know if it flared you up or not. i will do the same here. i spend 24 hours a day in bed, so i am guessing you will have your sessions done before me.

mike
ALASKA MIKE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-22-2009)