View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 02:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Doctors...cant live with and cant live without them (sigh)

Hi all!! Sorry I havent been around lately, things have been upside down at my house now for over 3 months. It all started when the hot water line broke under the house, and boy has it been a roller coaster ride with all the different contractors, insurance adjuster, and inconvenience of it all.

Hopefully today will be the last of it after the painter leaves this afternoon

Today I had a run in with another doctor....jeesh! I have been going everyday for a stretch on the IDD therapy machine, and it has been making my hip hurt. It occurred to me that it could be hurting me more than I know because I have osteopenia in that hip, and RSD in the hip and leg.

So I asked the good doctor if this machine could be dangerous for me to use. When I said I have osteopenia he looked at me in disbelief, and asked "how do you know you have osteopenia?". What a stupid question, and I wanted to give him a sarcastic answer, but told him that the scan I had showed it. Then he says "how do you know it was the right test?" So then he makes me explain every detail so he will believe I am not fabricating the whole thing. I get so tired of these doctors acting like im some kind of nincompoop.

Then he says after I finish the 10 more treatments he will have another scan done. I kinda got short with him and said that would be a little late to find out of these treatments are doing damage, and why dont you believe me when I say it is hurting me???

Then he goes into a lecture on reducing the pain meds because I have had 10 treatments so far, and should be getting better not worse. Then I tell him I would like to know what damage has been done if any before I go for more of these spine stretching treatments, and what in the world does reducing the pain meds have to do with this conversation? He isnt even the doctor that is prescribing my meds anyways

That is when he started insinuating that im a drug seeking addict.
I mentioned that the back isnt the only thing I have wrong, I also have RSD and that is what caused the osteopenia. Then he says "who says you have RSD?". That is when I about lost it, wanted to bang my cane across his thick skull. But instead just thanked him and left.

My back is jacked up pretty bad, and this treatment is the option I took instead of back surgery. In my mind the injured back is enough of a problem for anything he might prescribe never mind the RSD. If your bad enough for surgery it should say something to this moron about any pain I might be in.

Now I am in a quandry in what direction to go in, and am leaning towards never steppiing foot in that office again.

On a lighter note, I found a power chair lift that mounts inside of my van. It is wonderful!! The only draw back is that I lose the 3rd row seating, but I can live with that because of the freedom this lift is giving me. I am sooo stoked im ready for a road trip LOL.

Hope everyone is doing well, and now that my house is almost put back together I should be able to check in more often.

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (05-22-2009), aj822 (05-25-2009), Curious (05-22-2009), Dew58 (05-22-2009), DianaA (05-24-2009), fmichael (05-22-2009), Jomar (05-23-2009)