View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 04:38 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart do you think you might be avoiding pdoc?

Dear Mari,

oh, i hope i didn't come across like you should talk to pdoc about the sleep... i realize it's a long time thing with you and you have talked about it seeming more psychological than other before. With me, it would come up casually with the pdoc... he would ask me lots of questions (the current one does not) each time, including about was i getting sleep and sometimes it would "leak out" that i had say, just barely made it (v.s. overslept) for his appointment... at 3 pm . I generally tried to avoid telling him i was sleeping in the day. Oh, or if i would start a new med and he would say, take it early morning when you first wake up, and i would say ehhh.... 2pm ok? LOL. Then a whole investigative (on his part) thing would ensue, whereupon i would offer to take the med at 5 or 6 am (fine) before i went to sleep (wait, that's BEFORE you sleep?) I did not relish those sessions. Then it was why, and that's not good and... and then FINALLY... well you do need to sleep so FOR NOW sleep in the day.

So really my emphasis was on the utmost importance of getting sleep, whenever that is. And yes, if they do find sleep apnea, it could help you sleep better regardless of when - it would improve your quality of life overall.

I can see that tx being a pain to integrate into evening stuff that you already have difficulty with, so possibly adding to the erhmmm... challenge... of altering your schedule to night sleep.

But one thing at a time. Doing the sleep study is good. If there are any problems with sleep itself... they might get cleared up. Then you will feel better overall, anyway, even if you are still a day sleeper. If there are no problems, well, at least it has been ruled out which is also an informative step forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I'm thinking of this because he might check his notes and ask (nag) about the sleep study (not yet scheduled )
Do you think this might be part of the reason you keep pushing the appointment forward? Not just because of not feeling well but also perhaps to avoid facing his ask/nagging about sleep... perhaps until you schedule the study? That sounds like something i would do if i were nervous about it. Just a thought.

~ waves ~