View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 05:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi pearlgirl
I have tested positive for anti parietal cells and have been told I have auto immune gastritis. Last Dec. I got my level up to 1419 by taking up to 3 5000mcg (jarrow methly b12) a day. I cut back to maybe 3 to 5 a week. In the begining of may my level dropped to 502. I am also taking other supplements. Lots of things improved for me but the one thing that is constant is the fatigue and weak muscles. My GI doctor thinks I should cut back to 1000mcgs a day, I don't think I will. I think Iam better off at 5000 a day at least.

I have been dealing with this issue for over 2 years now and Iam still unable to find a doctor who really knows about b12. I also had an mri done that showed multiple leasions. A neg. lumbar puncture convinced the neuro. that it is not MS, but I never got an answer as to what those leasions are from.
I just recently had a blood test to check hormone levels and my cortisol came back high. THe doctor wants to check for cushings (I know I do not have that). He told me to reduse the stress in my life! Well since my husband would frown upon getting rid of my kids, I guess I have to deal with my stress!! LOL who dosn't have stress??

I am going to continue with what Iam doing. I think at first you feel great then there are set backs and then you start feeling good again.

Good luck
cat265 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pearl girl (05-23-2009)