View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 09:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default sweating and rsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOWLING View Post
IMO it's the RSD. I went off Cymbalta last November and I sweat something terrible. When I asked my doctors they say RSD. Some people complain of freezing with RSD I get hot and sweat (mine is fullbody RSD). I do worse with my pain and symptoms in the summer. I live in OH we some nice warm days last weekend and early in the week. My body was red like a sunburn only I hadn't been in the sun the heat alone lights a fire to my body. I like the winter it keeps my body temperture down.
As one of my doctors and I like to joke it's my crazy short circuited nervous system.
Take care,
Sherrie
Hi Sherrie,

What part of Ohio are you from? I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio. We live in a bad spot for RSD! In the Summer, and days like today the humidity is really awful. In the Winter it gets really cold, and the cold affects my pain the worst. In between, the barometric pressure goes up and down all the time. There is a saying in Cincinnati, if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes and it will change. On to the real topic(sweating), I sweat the same way,it just pours off me. I got my hair cut so short it looks like I'm joining the Army, but I don't think they would take 50 yr. old out of shape and over weight men with RSD and Failed Back Surgery symptoms. I've never been a person that sweats a lot until I was diagnosed with RSD. I try and stay in the shade when I'm outside, and when I'm in the car the A.C. is cranked. We don't have central air, just overhead fans and window units, but they work, and keep us comfortable for now. I almost forgot, I feel like I'm Granny, from the Beverly Hillbillies. I can always tell when it's going to rain or snow by my body. My RSD really flares, and I ache all over. Who needs a Weather Man when us with RSD can tell when it's going to rain.

Blessings,

jmac51

Last edited by jmac51; 05-24-2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: mood
jmac51 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote