Thread: Headaches
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 02:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hijmac50, So sorry about your terrible headache. I've had bad headaches for the past 30 years. A particular bad headache I learned from my Neuro Doc is called Trigeminal Neralgia. The Trigeminal Nerve is at the temple on both sides of your head. It usually just hits one side of head at a time. Three nerves come together at that temple area. It's a piercing pain, like an icepick is being drivin in your temple. The pain, for me goes down one side of my face, There is a Trigeminal Nerve site here on this forum, just scroll to the t's. This may not be your case, but I know it's one the worst ha pains like migraines. Ii've got to migraine support group meetings and that was helpful, just knowing some of the triggers for them and learning what they are for you as an individual. The only thing for the TN headache is a surgical procedure that I personally would never risk. I met someone on the other forum that had the surgery and his life was never the same, kinda like rsd is for us. I personally like a heating pad, dark room, quiet house, warm bath,epson salt, meds. Hope the best for you. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote