View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 05:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsiderThis View Post
Someone found my site today by searching for "b12 bad 200 mcg" -- So I thought I should say that "b12 200 mcg" is not necessarily bad.

If someone is young and pretty healthy a small amount of B12 like that will be good.

I worked with a 16 year old girl who had remarkable improvement using simply the cyanocobalamin in a B Complex vitamin she bought cheap at Wal*Mart.

The thing is, once we have absorption problems vitamin tablets cease to work as well as lozenges, and cyanocobalamin isn't as effective as methylcobalamin.

If someone has serious nerve problems due to low B12, like numbness, memory loss, depression, there are just so many problems that derive from low vitamin B12, then a small amount like 200 mcg is not going to make very much difference.

The more difference you can make early on, the better things are because the longer it takes to get B12 replacement the more danger there is of some of the nerve damage becoming permanent.

I hope that clarifies a bit.

I just wish I knew how much I am supposed to be taking... my Dr. was not clear... all he said was to take a vitamin B12 pill. I thought there was only one level... silly me.

Macophile is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote