View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 05:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
Who uses priobotics?
They seem to be gaining popularity.
Some say we should take one of these tablets per day...lots of friendly bacteria. A greater variety might mean more probiotic armies in our bodies fighting with different problems.

Someone told me Nature's Way Primadophilus Optima was good.

I hesitate to add another tablet to my routine.

Would their be any benefit to simply doing this periodically? Like once a month for ten days? Or when we are sick? When we have other "issues?"
Do folks here take something like this daily? Comments?

Thank you.
Hi. My gastroenterologist has me on Florogen 3 which he says has the most active ingredients for your $$. each pill is worth 10 cups of yogurt. He recommended taking 1-2 pills every day, and says sporadic uses isn't much good. He likens one's insides to a backyard filled with grass, and the good bacteria (stuff in the pills) is the grass... you want to have a backyard full of this...and ok you can expect a few weeds, but if you stop watering, or pulling up errant weeds, soon the weeds (bad bacteria) will take over, and just dumping more grass on top of the weeds isn't going to get your grassy back yard back because the grass has nowhere to root... you would have to eliminate the bad bacteria with a course of antibiotics and then replant the good bacteria.
I hope that analogy helped.

Macophile is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (05-24-2009)