View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 06:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown checked out your site

Hello,
Originally Posted by ConsiderThis
Someone found my site today by searching for "b12 bad 200 mcg". I visited your website immediately. It's very interesting! One question about a statement you made and I'll quote from the b12 malabsorption link: "The inevitable result of undiagnosed and untreated B12 Malabsorption Illness is permanent nerve damage."

YIKES!! my malabsorption (intrinsic factor antibodies present and first blood test of B12 was 68) went undiagnosed for a very long time. We know it takes about 5 years to deplete the stored B12, and my symptoms go back much farther than that. I do have extensive nerve damage but people keep saying, "See how you feel after a year of the suggested supplements," which I am taking. My neuro just said a couple of days ago, "If the nerves regenerate it could take as long as two years, but probably it will be a case of your learning to live with it and not noticing it as much."

I still have been hopeful that the damaged nerves in hands, legs, feet, cervical spine and brain will get better. It sound like you are saying, "Sorry, they won't." Is that so?

Last edited by pearl girl; 05-24-2009 at 06:45 AM. Reason: clarification
pearl girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote