View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 09:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There is a reason behind any trial Blue, whether small, or enormous. Many times we are not given the reason, nor should we think we should be. God knows the whole picture. We don’t. Even if we don't know the reason for trials until we reach Heaven, we can be certain that there is one.

I am not a person who sweetly accepts my trials. Any time major life changes are flung at me, I have an instinct to duck. Life has held such painful changes, that I don't want to try to catch a new one and be blind-sided. I fear change. So normally I withdraw, miss, and it falls at my feet, or hits me in the head.

Life has been an unpredictable experience. I have felt like I was climbing a mountain, and continually falling down a longer distance than I managed to climb. But I am still alive, because God wants me to be here. I am His beloved child, and I'll be here until it is His time for me to go. And so are you Blue.

Exhaustion is a trial to me. I have dreams and nightmares about the past, and even though I do take medicine, I often cannot sleep. I am not emotionally ready to face a new day with weariness.

I am only a human being. I understand that God is far, far above me, in knowledge, wisdom, and love. I am willing to let God be God. He knows the reasons, and that's enough for me. In Heaven, where there are no more trials, and no more tears, I will know a joy that is far above any possible on earth. The greatest joy of all I can imagine will be God's pleasure in me.
The way in which we endure trials, is certainly noticed and remembered by God.

For every grief, for every trial,
for every weary, lonely mile,
there is a reason.

For every pain that we must bear,
for every sorrow, every care,
there is a reason.

But if we trust God as we should,
all will work out yet for our good,
God knows the reason.

My mom taught me this poem, it says it all. The author is unknown.

Cats nap, only humans put them "to sleep". Sterilize, don't euthanize!!

BJ
BJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (05-25-2009), BlueMajo (05-24-2009), Brokenfriend (05-24-2009), Doody (05-24-2009), Twinkletoes (05-24-2009)