Thread: How am I doing?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 09:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jen. I don’t think we’ve ever met before. We have so much in common besides our names. You’ve done well in going to the hospital and seeking out help. Sometimes that’s the hardest part, realizing you can’t do it alone.

I never thought I would have scars... I was convinced that the little tiny 'cat scratches' I was giving myself weren't going to leave a mark when they healed. I thought that once the scabs healed over, then they'd be gone. It's not true.

The writing is not on the wall... it's on my arm. They are going to be there forever. A permanent reminder of how incredibly painful life can be at times. I hate the way they remind me of things that I don't want to think about.

Don't hate yourself for it Jen. You are a person who feels things more intensely than the general population, and you are a person who is hurting. Be proud of yourself for trying... proud of yourself for getting to the stage where you WANT to try... and be proud of yourself for every self-harm free day that you achieve.

Pain is temporary, but scars are forever Jen. I’m so glad you’ve been able to see through the pain.

Cats nap, only humans put them "to sleep". Sterilize, don't euthanize!!

BJ
BJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-26-2009), barbo (05-25-2009), Doody (05-24-2009)