View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

She's always been a bit weird, but has mostly centered her weirdness on my aunt that lives across the street. For the last few years that my grandma was alive (crazy aunt is the one that took care of grandma...I think the stress of that is one of the things that might have sent her over the edge, but she wouldnt let anyone help with grandma)

whackoaunt would call up my other aunt constantly. Especially if no one was home. She'd call a few hundred times an hour and would sometimes leave so many messages on the answering machine that the machine got totally filled. Most of the messages were angry and were "where the $%^& are you??" messages. Scary stalker type behavior. Anyone calls your house a few hundred times in an hour is not normal. That's stalking! (she's never done that to us....not sure why she's done it to my dad's sister-in-law)

She really seems to enjoy dropping in on relatives houses during holidays and demanding that they give her food to take home. (she usually hasnt been invited to the gathering) She hasnt done that to my parents or I yet, but she does do it to my other aunt a lot. Just swoops in, demands the food, might walk around and make nasty comments to the people at the gathering, and then she leaves.

My dad and I started to invite the crazy one to go out to dinner with us on certain holidays, just so she'll behave and not bother the rest of the families on their holidays. We took her out for Thanksgiving and for Easter, and she actually manages to behave and act like a decent human being there. My dad figures it's good to try to have a good relationship with his sister, and as long as she behaves, he'll continue to invite her.

We already know that Christmas is one of the verboeten (forbbiden) holidays to invite her out. She gets really depressed and flips out...ends up on the doorstep of my cousin and tries hard to ruin their christmas. At least she doesnt drink...she does all of her craziness sober. I'd hate to see her intoxicated. She looks like she'd be a really mean drunk. I dont think I've ever seen her drink alcohol.

I guess I'll go get dressed and go doorknob shopping with my dad and fix the doorknob for him before we go do birthday stuff for me. (going out for steak!!! Mmm!) Good thing that's the one household project that I know how to do. He gets to help because he can actually get the screws tightened on the knob better than I can.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote