View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 11:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tiger Lilly,
It's great to see you back again! Just like you I had problems with depression and my family rejecting me when I was just a young teenager. I found the best thing to do is to keep busy I started doing volunteer work for the Red Cross Blood Drives and I made a lot of friends. Then I got out in the working world and take my word after that I didn't have enough time to be thinking sad or depressing thoughts. One thing that really helped me was going to church and making friends at the church. Just remember that one reason why you feel depresseed is because of the epilepsy not to mention the AED's you take. My family still doesn't see me unless we see each other at a store. Nobody in my family calls me or anything but what keeps me going there is knowing I've done all that I can to please them, I've had surgery twice, and I have been out on my own since I was 14-15 yrs. old because my parents were ashamed of my epilepsy. Now they are regreting it and they see how my epilepsy didn't stop me one bit from working, having a home, being married, etc. I know you can do it also. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote