View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 12:06 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Oh Betty, that is so scary. A sweet little 3 yr old, being abused by these Doctors. What is this disease that your dear grandchild has and what caused it? Can it be cured or will he outgrow it.

I'm going to go look it up right now, so I am more knowledgible. Be back later.

(((((((Betty)))))))

Below is what I found, Betty and eveywhere I read, it said the same thing. In children, unless chronic, usually goes away on it's own, without treatment. Acute attacks may be treated with short term steroids.

As far as I can see, your DD is right, a wait and see and treat as needed. These Docs are el-wrongo and, after what I read, childrens service should be called on them and not your Daughter.

How is ITP treated in children?

Because most children recover with no treatment, many doctors recommend just watching them carefully and taking care of the bleeding symptoms. Children don't have to go to the hospital if good care is available at home. However, some doctors recommend a short treatment with prednisone pills or intravenous infusions (given in a vein) of gamma globulin to increase the platelet count more quickly. Both medicines have some side effects.

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~

Last edited by SallyC; 12-20-2006 at 12:33 AM.
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote