View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 08:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple pal View Post
Has anyone found a correlation between their ADD/ADHD symptoms and where you are in your cycle? For me, it seems like the medication doesn't work as well right before my period starts. Thoughts? Experiences? Insight?

purple pal
I know I am posting three years after your original post but YES!! I am 32 and was just diagnosed a year ago. I have always had problems with my mood during my cycle but have become more aware since my diagnosis. I have this feeling that "my skin is crawling" which I never recognized before. I became aware of this when I was trying medication and coming off of adult Ritalin. Although it worked wonderfully to calm and focus me it caused my blood pressure to sky rocket. I was also diagnosed with major depression which I now realize has a direct correlation to my ADHD and it seems during my cycle these symptoms also reappear. I become tearful and cannot stand to be "with myself". Thank you SO much for posting this. I was really becoming concerned that I was psyching myself into this misery and discomfort during my cycle.