View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 08:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I too felt "blown off" by Dr. Latov.

I saw him about 5 years ago...had numerous blood tests, emg, ncs, the WORKS. His advice: B12 shots once a month. He did not prescribe Neurontin or any other med. My questions to him went unanswered/sloughed off. One example, I asked if my inability to walk w/out a walker was related to PN. He mumbled something inconclusive and that was the end of the visit.

I saw him for a total of 4 times. I brought my daughter w/ me for the last 2 visits. She left just as puzzled as I was. I'm glad she was there for a reality check since I had started to think I was a major pain in his butt & asked just too many damn questions for my own good.

I found him to be dismissive and indifferent. Perhaps he finds research more rewarding than interacting with patients. I have searched in vain for a neuro who monitors my progress and on whom I can count for consistent follow-up care. One would think that New York City had a plethora of such neuros but I have not found one yet.

BTW, I saw his associate (after Latov quit Medicare) who was a bit better at communication but not by much. I am looking into Johns Hopkins...many posters here seem to have had positive results. (except maybe not Dennis)

Last edited by antonina; 05-24-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: add info
antonina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote