View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 12:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I would also recommnend the sharon butler book of stretches for TOS. I have been doing them, they seem to be the only thing helping me (though not all that much). Having little kids and babies is a killer because holding them is exactly what you aren't suposed to do. I have a 1 and 3 yo and a weekend home with them is in many ways worse than a day of work, although frankly none of it is any good anymore.

Sorry, I am feeling pretty pessimistic today. I think it is mostly the christmas rush. Haven't finished all that I wanted to and don't have enough energy to get to it now.

And I have mental meltdowns all the time.... from this and many other things, though mostly this these days. Some of that is one more aspect of the stress that all new parents feel. Anyhow, I am not trying to diminish anything- just to say you are in good company, if you can call me that : )

I am also seeing a hellerworker for the bosy work that goes along with the stretching. Hellerwork is similar to feldenkrais in that it is about realigning your body to put your shoulders back, open up your rib cage, adn reduce scar tissue and residual tightness in muscles all over your body. The basic course is 10 sessions long, but can be longer for those of us who have issues. But all sorts of people do hellerwork and rolfing and the alexander techniques as well as feldenkrais...they are all variations on the idea of better body mechanics. They may or may not solve your existing problems, but they should hopefully reduce future ones.

ah well, my arms are done. got to run,
johanna
johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote