Old 05-24-2009, 11:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Vyvanse, new symptoms?

[QUOTE=brink;501267]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
I understand that you must be scared.

I just wanted to leave a link to an information site for TS "Plus". It was very helpful to me years ago as my son had been dealing with a number of conditions as well, (not just the tics).

Thanks for the links. We've been to both before over the last two years. We've been dealing with this for a little over 2 years and know a lot about what's going on, but when you throw meds into it it makes it a bit unnerving. What's got me befuddled is how quickly things have progressed over the last 2 months, even though he's been in counseling, which we are switching therapists because she just keeps promising to 'teach him relaxation techniques' and never does. This therapist seems to think that he is on the path to psychopathic which in itself is unnerving.

We have an appointment with another therapist that is a lot closer to us. We're hopeful that this group will be more helpful than the last one.
Hi Brink,
I never have used a thread before so please excuse my ignorance in how it works. I have twin boys on Vyvanse. One had to switch back to Concerta as he did great until evening and then he was like a mad man--totally unreasonable, very angry, slamming doors, yelling, etc. He kept telling me it was the Vyvanse but he is also on Zoloft for OCD. So, we took him off Vyvanse and he has not had these outbursts again. Now the other twin has started displaying OCD-like behavior. The Psychiatrist is calling it Trichotillomania, which seems to fit his symptoms. I keep hoping for something else. I wonder if my son feels compelled to pull out his hair like your son felt compelled to roam? Has anyone else heard of these compulsions with Vyvanse? SShepard
Sandy Shepard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote